Invisalign treatment is a virtually invisible way to align teeth. Using advanced 3D computer imaging technology, the Invisalign system displays your complete treatment plan based on your Invisalign Certified Doctor’s evaluation, from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position. The clear aligners are custom made to move your teeth little by little.
Each aligner is worn for approximately 10 to 15 days before it is replaced by the next one, and the teeth are gradually moved to the final projected position. Treatment time depends on your specific needs. It can vary from 6 to 24 months approximately.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF INVISALIGN?
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible and almost no one will notice that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Because Invisalign aligners are removable, during treatment you can eat and drink as much as you want simply by removing your aligners. You can also remove them to brush and floss to maintain your regular oral hygiene routine. It is recommended that you wear them for at least 22 hours a day.
- Unlike traditional fixed appliances, these devices do not have metal wires or brackets. This means that in most cases, less time is spent on adjustments in the Invisalign Provider office.
- The Invisalign system allows you to view results and the treatment plan virtually before you begin to visualize the desired changes.
- The system provides exceptional comfort and hygiene mainly due to the fact that no food is trapped in your appliances, which is often the case with braces.